VACANCY REFERENCE: 19-013
Title : Donor Relations Officer
Level : NO-B (National Professional Category)
Type of Contract : Fixed-Term, Post # 94971
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
SUMMARY OF THE POST:
The incumbent will be responsible for managing UNICEF Indonesia’s major gifts programme, which consists of generating significant financial contributions from high-net-worth individuals and family/corporate foundations for UNICEF’s programmes in Indonesia and worldwide, with a focus on donors giving significant donations over USD 1 million.
The post-holder will be the critical enabler to ensure realization of UNICEF Indonesia’s philanthropy targets. The major gifts programme in Indonesia is still new, and a significant portion of the post-holder’s focus will be on generating new business.
The role includes building and maintaining personal relationships with prospects and donors, preparing compelling cases for support and other material, the active solicitation of philanthropic gifts, as well as the preparation of asks by UNICEF Indonesia’s senior management.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify and research potential donors among Indonesia’s high-net-worth individuals and associated foundations (with a specific focus on those able to give gifts of US$1,000,000 and upwards)
• Develop and keep up to date donor profiles, moves management, and contact reports.
• Develop and cultivate personal relationships and networks of prospects, existing donors, and their advisors
• Engage high-net-worth individuals both as donors to UNICEF, and as potential influencers in support of our programmatic and fundraising objectives
• Effective account management/donor recognition and relevant reporting/feedback
• Develop funding proposals, cases for support, compelling presentations, and other relevant materials necessary for potential donors to identify relevant funding opportunities.
• Manage due diligence screenings of individuals, foundations and related companies where relevant, and advise on possible associated risks.
Work closely with colleagues (in Indonesia and in regional/head offices) to ensure that all donations and relationships
• Comply with UNICEF’s policies
• Support UNICEF’s plans and priorities
• Follow best practices in qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donor relationships.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Master’s degree*) in management, marketing, social sciences or related field.
• At least 3 (three) years of professional experience of managing high value philanthropic partnerships on the side of the recipient (i.e. a non-profit organization, university, etc.) or the side of the donor (i.e. a grant-making foundation, the personal office of a HNWI, etc.).
• Significant experience in business development or building up a fundraising programme.
• Fluency in English
• This position is open for Indonesian national only.
(*First level relevant university degree in combination with 6 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.)
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
APPLY NOW: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=520074
Closing date: 20 March 2019
Disclaimer: The screening of your application will be conducted based on the information in your profile. Before applying, we strongly suggest that you review your profile to ensure accuracy and completeness. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.